Friday, November 5, 2010

Post #4

Social Worker:

http://www.helpstartshere.org/Assets/Images/socialWorkImageDisc.jpg
I plan on becoming a social worker. I have to decide on what field exactly, I just know I want to make a difference. Many of you know (English 102 classes) that I am very with held and inaudible, and yet, I can open up and talk with others on a more personal level. I have done volunteer work out in Ferndale, helping with kids and families. I enjoyed that very much. In my paper I want to explore what it is like to go through what a social worker has to go through on a daily basis. My research paper will discuss how kids are affected by social services and whether or not it makes a positive or negative experience in their lives. That will be my main focus seeing as how I have not yet made a decision on what field I would like to make my career.
You see so many negative aspects on how social workers allow there kids to “fall through the cracks!” I just want to be able to help out in any field I plan on making my career. I want my research to be able to show that statistics behind how many cases are actually solved and to depict the lives that have in deed been saved. Although, many cases due get neglected and end up being tossed aside, I want to be able to be one of the ones that actually have something to show for at the end of everyday. I just want to gain more knowledge on the subject for myself by providing as much information as I possibly can on my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment