Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall


Orange, red, brown, and yellow are my favorite colors of this season. Fall comes with numerous effects both good and bad. It brings the color of change that most people are afraid of. Fall also brings the rain, and cold tremors of the up coming season. However, it brings the voluminous colors of the leaves and family gatherings. Driving down the road, specially the dirt roads, I love to just watch the leaves fall from the trees to the earth. The already fallen leaves make a blanket around the base of the trees. Walking is what I love most about this season. To be able to walk through a park and listen to the crunching of the leaves beneath my feet is a sound of tranquil and harmony.
Strolling outside of my house (which is about ten acres), I like to take pictures of the changing weather trying to capture every little bit of passionate color I find. Fall brings Halloween which in turn brings children ‘trick-or-treating’ frantically pacing up and down the streets to find the house with the loot of candy. I love taking my nephew ‘trick-or-treating’ and listening to the other kids laugh and take pleasure in the season. When Halloween ends, the season is still changing. When the leaves are almost at a stand still, and the grassy lawns are covered with the leaves of the past season, thanksgiving is next to being celebrated. The houses fill with the smells of turkey, gravy, and biscuits. You gather around a table and give thanks for what you have hand in hand, while wishing the strangest of strangers a happy and warm holiday.
To me, fall brings this and many more emotions at heart. Aside of the holidays, I mostly enjoy the leaves changing colors and watching yet another season end, while welcoming a new upcoming season with new occurrences to celebrate life.
*picture used from sample pictures on my laptop*

No comments:

Post a Comment