The first snow fall that occurred just days ago was petrifying and beautiful at the same time. I absolutely hate driving in the snow. If it were up to me I would rather pay for someone to drive me around. I am very frightful of the roads and ice. Although it would be very comforting to have to go anywhere during the winter, we all have things to attended to in life. With this past snow fall, I left an hour early to make it to class that is just twenty min. away. Since I took my time driving upon the fresh fallen snow, I made it to class in about forty-five min. this tension that I feel when driving in winter I suppose began when I was in a car accident last winter.
![]() |
| Before |
My car was a 2000 Chrysler LHS. It was such an amazing car that I bought only a month before. The salesman got me at heated leather seats, moon roof, killer stereo system, very luxury back seat and a huge trunk. I was in love with my brand new car (new to me). Then as my luck would have it, I was driving down my back road, which happens to be a dirt road, lost control on a patch of black ice and ended up in a ditch. I flipped my car landing on the roof and having to climb out of the car through a back window.
That happened to be my last day driving that car. Fresh fallen snow can be so bittersweet to me. It is so beautiful and yet every time I have to drive in the snow I get a bit fearful. I just love to be able to watch out the window at the snow falling and I love to be able to walk outside with my coat, gloves and hat walking on the snow and listening to it crunch beneath my feet.


No comments:
Post a Comment