Friday, September 24, 2010

Texting While Driving

            I feel as though texting while driving just needs to end. No matter how excellent of a driver you may assume you are. At a split second you could cause an accident, killing you or someone else. I’m not saying I have NEVER texted while driving, because I would be telling bold face lie. It wasn’t until a friend of mine, Mitch, was texting while driving and ran off the road striking a tree, breaking both of his ankles.
            It was a huge alarm to all of us, because my friends and I use to do it a great deal. Mitch’s mother called us when she arrived to the hospital asking us to come up and see him. When we walked into his room, he was covered in cuts and bruises. At first no one said anything for what seemed to be forever. Finally, Mitch broke the silence by trying to make a joke out of it stating, “So, I guess I should of texted you all saying I was coming to the hospital.” We smiled, as we all gave him a hug. Mitch talked about what he was texting that was so important. He was sending all of us a text letting us know when he was going to be home so we could all hang out.
            All Mitch got to type was “Hey Gu.” His text was supposed to say “Hey Guys.” As he was explaining his story, the doctor walked in notifying that both of his legs were going to end up in casts. It truly was an eye opener for all of us. Since then we all take a great deal in not texting while driving. We all wait until we get to where we are going. We were all so grateful that it didn’t end worse for our friend Mitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment